Seven Inspiring Quotes on Customer Service
Great customer service starts with the right attitude. And from time to time somebody says something that perfectly encapsulates the mindset needed to deliver “excellent customer service”.
During the preparation for a large corporate bank’s “client-focus” training I collected some great quotes that, for me, hit the nail right on the head when it comes to finding the right attitude. These quotes inspired me a great deal. I hope they will have the same effect on you.
- “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they do wrong.” – Donald Porter
- “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
- “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
- “Don’t try to tell the customer what he wants. If you want to be smart, be smart in the shower. Then get out, go to work and serve the customer!” – Gene Buckley
- “Here is the simple but powerful rule: always give people more than they expect to get.” – Nelson Boswell
- “Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it; it is what the client or customer gets out of it.” – Peter Drucker
Why not pick one and thread it into your own attitude towards customer service?